Saturday 8 January 2011

That perfect figure.

I've been reading up on what is thought to be the 'perfect' hourglass figure. A figure that has come in and out of fashion many times in the last 200 years. One article I came across mentioned the fact that certain set measurements are guaranteed to trigger the male hormonal system. Scientific stuff, this hourglass business!
 Having found the formula to work out whether or not you are considered 'perfect' I set to work with my (lack of) number skills.
If any of you dolls are interested in trying this out then voila, here is the formula:
Divide your waist measurement by your hip measurement and record the number.
Divide your waist measurement by your bust measurement and record the number.
(Marilyn Monroe's was 0.8)

For the perfect hourglass, there must be no less than 9" between your hip-waist and bust waist measurements.
The bust must be 1" smaller or larger than the hips, in order to be classed as hourglass.

Love as always, a nearly hourglass Lucille x.

3 comments:

  1. Well! I don't like that formula.. I always thought I was an hourglass but no, my bust is too big. How disheartening. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confused!

    I'm 0.78... nearly Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the topic of being sexy, the first thing that comes to mind is the perfect hourglass figure. Add to this the numerous gorgeous leading ladies in the entertainment industry and we pretty much have a general idea of what is considered sexy. Socially accepted standards aside, each of us have our personal standards of what is considered beautiful and sexy.

    Glinda Cauthorne

    ReplyDelete