Tuesday 16 July 2013

Marcel Wave Tutorial.

Well my lovelies, you are in for a treat this morning. I have realised that you have seen many many photos of me and my locks and I haven't even shared with you how I achieve my styles. How mean am I?
To make up for it, here is what I hope is an easy tutorial for the Marcel Wave, which I know is a few ladies nemesis. When it's done well, it's one of my favourite styles! Here goes.....

Here is what you will need:


 Like all styles, this will work better on day old hair. Here is my long fringe, this however will work on shorter fringes. It has been roughly blow dried as my hair tends to be quite frizzy. Take an oval section at the front starting from temple to temple. Fill up your spray bottle with cold water. You can mix a teeny bit of setting lotion in with the water if your hair is stubborn.


You will be splitting your section at the front into 4. Take your first section, spray, hold up and roll downwards following the arrow. Pin in place either using kirby grips or flat pin curl clips. If you are sleeping in your set, kirby grips would best.


Take your second section, spray, hold down and roll up, following the arrow and pin. Alternating the direction you roll your pin curls is what determines your marcel wave. Your third section you will be rolling the same way as you did on your first section.




All done!
The arrows show which direction in which the pincurls have been rolled.


I'm sleeping in my set, so it's on with a headscarf for the rest of my hair and I will see you all in the morning!


Once you have carefully taken out your pins, brush out the curls with a soft bristle brush. With a comb, push into your fringe and push towards your parting. You will start to see the wave appear. Once the wave is appearing, use your wave clips and 'grab' the wave. In other words, make sure the clip is grabbing the ridge that is appearing. Follow all the way down to the end of the section.
Leave the clips in place for 10 minutes, take out, then spray.




 I really hope this tutorial was helpful to y'all and would love to hear feedback. Let me know if it works for you!

Love as always, Lucille xx

28 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! You make it look so easy. I can't wait to try this.

    Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah love it, I need bigger finger wave clips that's my issue hah. You look gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Will have a try. I didn't even know that you could get flat pin curl clips either so am going to hunt those down as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'm going to have to try this!!
    ~xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the result! how Long does it takes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job and wonderful you.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh that is beautiful! How could i not have found you before this? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeoys hair style.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who said it's easy to be a woman? :))

    Cei care doresc sa scape de serviciile de slaba calitate ale firmelor de gazduire web isi pot achizitiona, pe cont propriu, servere second hand

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look stunning and are so talented! Could you pls come to Italy and do my hair?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy I came across your blog:) what a treasure chest! I love pin up :)
    Xoxo
    Patinka
    patinkasworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post. I learn something more difficult on different blogs everyday. It can at all times be stimulating to learn content material from other writers and practice just a little one thing from their store. I'd want to make use of some with the content material on my blog whether or not you don't mind. Natually I'll give you a link on your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.


    Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful tutorial- I am a new follower! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love your style, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great article, my daughter is going to love checking you out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wowww beautiful girls :*

    Nice article, Thanks for Sharing :) and Hi, Greetings from Bacalagers Media

    We are Bacalagers Media is a Smart Digital Media Platform that Presents Quality Content and Inspires All Young Children in Indonesia for Choosing and Sorting News Information Interesting about Lifestyle, Business, Healthy Tips about stimuno untuk balita and Latest Technology News. I just wanna sharing the New article from my blog for you about:

    - Manfaat Stimuno untuk Balita
    - Cara Meningkatkan Sistem Kekebalan Tubuh Anak usia Balita
    - Berita Terkini Indonesia Paling Update
    - Manfaat Daun Meniran untuk Kesehatan
    - Berita Terbaru Indonesia Terpopuler

    See you dear.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice post and blog, I found it very explanatory and informative, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with us.

    Venüsbet
    Venüsbet
    Grandbetting
    Grandbetting
    Galabet
    Meritking
    Asyabahis

    ReplyDelete